ODU Rowing To Hold Walk-On Interest Meeting
By ODU Athletics
June 8, 2009
ODU ROWING WALK-ON INFORMATION
Learn about trying out for ODU's newest Women's Varsity Sport - ROWING!
NO ROWING EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY
Did you know that almost 50% of most D1 Women's Rowing team athletes NEVER rowed before college?
- ANY full-time undergraduate woman.
- Height preferences: 5'8" or taller for rowers 5'4" or shorter for *coxswains.
- Fill out our Walk-on Profile by clicking here.
Please attend the Call-out most convenient for you:
- WED, September 2, 2009: 7-8 p.m. - Isle of Wright Room - Webb Center
- THU, September 3, 2009: 7-8 p.m. - Potomac/York River Rooms - Webb Center
- TUE, September 8, 2009: 7-8 p.m. - Potomac/York River Rooms - Webb Center
ALREADY SURE YOU WANT TO TRY OUT?
1) Use the Physical Exam Form and get a PHYSICAL done by your home MD**
2) Print and fill out the Emergency Contact/Insurance Form
3) Give your parent/guardian a copy of the Insurance Coverage Letter
4) Bring all completed forms with you to one of the meetings above
NOTE: YOU MAY ATTEND THE CALL-OUT MEETING BUT MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN TRYOUT ACTIVITIES WITHOUT THESE FORMS COMPLETED BY 9/4/09.
* COXSWAIN CANDIDATES: Please see the "Coxing in a Nutshell" attachment here to learn more about coxing.
**PHYSICAL:Can be done at Student Health Center for a fee.
Please contact Assistant Coach Dan Garbutt at email@example.com or by phone 757-510-2774.
- Physical Exam Form
- Emergency Contact/Insurance Form
- Insurance Coverage Letter