ODU Rowing To Hold Walk-On Interest Meeting
April 22, 2009
WALK-ON CALL-OUT INVITATION
NO ROWING EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY!!
(Did you know that almost 50% of most D1 Women's Rowing team athletes NEVER rowed before college?)
WHAT: Call-out Meeting to learn about trying out for ODU's newest Women's Varsity Sport - ROWING! (Did we mention that NO ROWING EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY!)
WHO: ANY full-time undergraduate woman
Height preferences: 5'8" or taller for rowers 5'4" or shorter for *coxswains
(Fill out our Walk-on Profile at /ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31100&ATCLID=208422111)
WHEN/WHERE: please attend the Call-out most convenient for you:
- WED, September 2, 2009 Time and Location TBD*
- THU, September 3, 2009 Time and Location TBD*
* Check the ODU Athletic Website for updates as the time approaches
ALREADY SURE YOU WANT TO TRY OUT? You should:
1) Use the attached below and get a PHYSICAL done by your home MD**
2) Print and fill out the Emergency contact/ Insurance form below
3) Give your parent/guardian a copy of the Insurance Coverage Letter (below)
4) Bring all completed forms with you to one of the meetings above
NOTE: YOU MAY ATTEND THE CALL-OUT MEETING BUT MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN TRYOUT ACTIVITIES WITHOUT THESE FORMS COMPLETED BY 9/4/09.
*Coxswain Candidates, Please see the "Coxing in a Nutshell" attachment here to learn more about coxing.
**PHYSICAL can be done at Student Health Center for a fee