Third Straight Sweep: No. 44 ODU Slams Boston, 7-0
By ODU Athletics
NORFOLK, Va. – For the third consecutive match, the No. 44 Old Dominion women’s tennis team claimed a 7-0 victory after taking down Boston University (6-8) on Friday afternoon at the Folkes-Stevens Tennis Center. With the win, the Monarchs improve to 15-4 on the season.
ODU has won seven of its last eight matches, outscoring opponents 47-6 during the stretch. The Monarchs have now outscored opponents 21-0 over the past three matches.
Old Dominion will return to action on Sunday, March 25 at 10:00 a.m., when the Monarchs welcome Conference USA foe North Texas to the Folkes-Stevens Tennis Center. Admission for all is free.
Meet North Texas
Head Coach Sujay Lama is currently in his 12th season as head coach of the Mean Green. In his time at North Texas, Lama has coached 13 athletes to All-Conference honors, led his team to the semi-finals/finals in eight of the last nine seasons and coached his team to three separate conference championships. This year, North Texas is off to a 6-9 overall start but have won five out of their eight home matches. Led by the No. 58 nationally ranked singles player in Maria Kononova, the Mean Green have been able to pull out victories in their last two contests against Georgia State and Troy, respectively. Kononova has an overall singles record of 6-5 this season, including a win over the No. 4 nationally ranked player in Andrea Lazaro.
No. 44 Old Dominion: 7
Boston University: 0
1) Olivarez/Vlasova (ODU) vs. Ramos/Burchell (BU) DNF 3-4*
2) Hutchinson/Malenko (ODU) def. Kostirko/Kim (BU) 6-1
3) Rajkovic/Starodubtseva (ODU) def. Martens/Blaser (BU) 6–1
1) Holly Hutchinson (ODU) def. Iryna Kostirko (BU) 6-4, 6-2
2) Nataliia Vlasova (ODU) def. Remi Ramos (BU) 6-2, 3-6, (10-8)
3) Yulia Starodubtseva (ODU) def. Lily Burchell (BU) 6-0, 6-2
4) Tori Olivarez (ODU) def. Emily Kim (BU) 6-0, 6-2
5) Adriana Rajkovic (ODU) def. Katy’s Martens (BU) 6-1, 6-2
6) Louie McLelland (ODU) def. Sophia Kryloff (BU) 6-4, 6-1
Order of Finish:
Doubles: 2, 3*
Singles: 3, 4, 5*, 1, 6, 2