Tennessee Post-Game Notes
Dec. 18, 2008
* The Lady Monarchs saw its 29-game homecourt win streak come to a close in the 81-76 loss to #11/13 Tennessee. Old Dominion was tied along with the University of Hartford for the nation's longest active home win streak. The win streak dated back to the Dec. 30, 2006, 72-55, victory over national runner-up Rutgers. ODU's previous last home loss at the Ted Constant Convocation Center was also against Tennessee, 59-75, back on Dec. 22, 2006.
* Tennessee has broken several of ODU's home court win streaks in the past. In addition to Thursday's 29-game home game win streak snapped, the Lady Vols also halted the Lady Monarch's 64-game home win streak in 1981, 33-game home win streak in 1999, and a 17-game home win streak in 1995.
* The Lady Vols won their 13th straight meeting against the Lady Monarchs with Tennessee's streak dating back to 1997.
* The five-point, 81-76, defeat was the closest loss for the Lady Monarchs in the Lady Vol's current 13-game win streak over Old Dominion. The next closest game was a 10-point, 68-58, setback back on Jan. 2nd, 2005.
* Old Dominion led as late as 1:57 in the game, holding on to a 71-70 edge. The game saw 12 lead changes and nine ties. Tennessee led by no more than seven in the contest.
* Old Dominion and Tennessee met for the 42nd time in history and have met every year since the 1976-77 season. ODU has only taken on CAA rival James Madison more times.
* Four Lady Monarchs scored in double figures for just the second time this season. ODU was led by senior Tiffany Green's 17 points.
* Senior Tiffany Green led the Lady Monarchs in scoring for the third time this season and 16th time in her career.
* Sophomore Jasmine Parker made her first career start as a Lady Monarch after coming off the bench her freshman year and in this season's first seven games. Parker finished the game as one of four Lady Monarchs in double figures with 14 points going 4-of-5 from three-point range. It was the fifth time this season she reached double figures and the 13th time in her career.
* Senior Jen Nuzzo was also one of the four Lady Monarchs in double figures. She netted a season-high 11 going a perfect 2-of-2 from downtown and 3-of-3 from the line.
* Senior Jen Nuzzo also tied her season-high with three assists. She was one minute away from tying her career-high in minutes. Nuzzo logged 31 minutes on the court against the Lady Vols.
* Rounding out the double figures scorers was junior Jessica Canady with 11 points. Canady reached double digit scoring for the fifth time this season and 27th time in her career.
* Junior Jessica Canady also added in a career-high six blocks. She surpassed her previous high of four against Delaware State back on Dec. 20, 2007.
* Old Dominion shot over 75 percent from the free throw line for the third time this season. The Lady Monarchs went 19-of-24 from the charity stripe shooting 79.2 percent, their second highest percentage this season. Seniors Jen Nuzzo and Jazzmin Walters each went perfect from the line going 3-of-3 and 2-of-2 respectively.