Dayton Post-Game Notes
Nov. 16, 2008
* Senior Tiffany Green posted her first double-double of the 2008-09 season and 18th of her career with her 15-point and 16-rebound performance against Dayton.
* Senior Tiffany Green reset her career-high rebounding mark with 16 against the Flyers. Her previous high was 15, which she had collected twice, most recently against William & Mary back on Janaury 28, 2007. It was also the 24th time in her career she reached the double figure rebounding mark.
* Junior Jessica Canady became the first Lady Monarch to score 20 or more points this season with a team-high 23 points in the victory over Dayton. It was the third time Canady scored 20 or more points in a game.
* With her 15 points against the Flyers, senior Tiffany Green moved up on the ODU All-Time Scoring Leaders List. Green moved into 25th on the list with 1,034 career points surpassing Aubrey Eblin (1995-99). Green needs 17 more points to move past Rhonda Rompola (1978-81) in 24th on the list.
* While the Lady Monarchs did not go to the free throw line often, they were certainly accurate. Old Dominion went 5-of-6 from the charity stripe to shoot 83.3 percent. The Lady Monarchs reached the 80 percent mark from the line only four time last season.
* Senior Jazzmin Walters is averaging 6.0 assists on the year having dished six against both St. Mary's and Dayton.
* Old Dominion certainly cut down the number of turnovers in game number two. After suffering 27 turnovers in the season opener against St. Mary's, the Lady Monarchs comitted just 12 in its 70-58 victory over Dayton. No Lady Monarch turned the ball over more than twice against the Flyers.