Binghamton Drops Old Dominion in Men's Tennis, 6-1
March 21, 2010
NORFOLK, Va. -- The Binghamton Bearcats improved to 13-1 on the season after completing a sweep of CAA programs this weekend, including a 6-1 victory over the Monarchs today. ODU got its lone victory at No. 6 singles, as freshman Fahoum Fahoum (Haifa, Israel) won, 7-6, 6-2.
Fahoum dropped Bearcat rookie Bastian Bornkessel in straight sets for the Old Dominion victory, earning his ninth win this season. He is now 9-3 in dual action after joining the Monarchs late this spring.
Three ODU players stretched at least one set to a tiebreak, including junior Benjamin Chomette battling at No. 2 against Binghamton's Moshe Levy, falling in the first set 7-6 (3). Yakov Diskin fell 7-6 (5) in his second set at No. 3 and Krzysztof Muzalewski went down 7-6 (3) in his match at No. 4.
Old Dominion drops to 13-7 on the season with the loss and will take on a pair of conference foes next week, as they face UNC Wilmington on Sunday, March 28 and Delaware on Wednesday, March 31.
OLD DOMINION vs. BINGHAMTON
1. Wong/Vloedgraven (BU) def. Fanselow/Chomette (ODU); 8-2
2. Haggai/Levy (BU) def. Diskin/Muzalewski (ODU); 8-5
3. Bornkessel/Devos (BU) def. Ochagavia/Fahoum (ODU); 8-5
1. Sven Vloedgraven (BU) def. Tobias Fanselow (ODU); 7-5,6-0
2. Moshe Levy (BU) def. Benjamin Chomette (ODU); 7-6 (3), 6-4
3. Gilbert Wong (BU) def. Yakov Diskin (ODU); 6-4, 7-6(5)
4. Alexandre Haggai (BU) def. Krzysztof Muzalewski (ODU); 6-3, 7-6(3)
5. Arnav Jain (BU) def. Ochagavia (ODU) 6-4, 6-2
6. Fahoum Fahoum (ODU) def. Bastian Bornkessel (BU) 7-6, 6-2
FINAL SCORE: Binghamton 6, ODU 1