ODU Defeats Visiting Harvard, 5-2 In Women's Tennis
March 1, 2009
Norfolk, Va. – The 57th ranked ODU women’s tennis team closed out the weekend on Sunday with a 5-2 victory over the Crimson of Harvard University at the Folkes-Stevens Indoor Tennis Center.
After capturing the doubles point by sweeping all three doubles matches, the Lady Monarchs went on to win four of the six singles matches. Nadine Fahoum, Margarita Spicin and Irina Dementyeva turned in straight set victories at No. 1, No. 4 and No. 5 respectively. Fahoum defeated Beier Ko 7-6, 6-1, Spicin defeated Agnes Sibilski 6-2, 6-3 and Dementyeva knocked off Louise Lanciny 6-1, 6-2.
ODU returns to action this Saturday, March 7 when the Lady Monarchs host Marshall.
1. Fahoum/Haarhoff (ODU) def. Peterzan/ Rosekrans (HU) 8-4
2. Dobrowska/Dementyeva (ODU) def. Ko/Sibilski(HU) 8-4
3. Citic/Haarhoff (ODU) def. Davis/Gridley (HU) 8-3
1. Nadine Fahoum (ODU) def. Beier Ko (HU) 7-6, 6-1
2. Charleen Haarhoff (ODU) def. Laura Peterzan (HU) 7-5, 2-6, 6-3
3. Samantha Rosekrans (HU) def. Joanna Dobrowolska (ODU) 4-6, 6-1, 6-3
4. Margarita Spicin (ODU) def. Agnes Sibilski (HU) 6-2, 6-3
5. Irina Dementyeva (ODU) def. Louise Lanciny (HU) 6-1, 6-2
6. Caroline Davis (HU) def. Marija Citic 7-5, ret.
FINAL SCORE: ODU 5, HARVARD 2