Georgia State Post-Game Notes
By ODU Athletics
Jan. 18, 2009
* Old Dominion won its fifth straight game with the 62-46 win over Georgia State.
* The win was ODU's 37 straight home CAA win. The streak dates back to Jan. 14, 2005 with a 78-59 win over VCU. The Lady Monarch's last conference loss in Norfolk was a 70-73 setback to Delaware on Jan. 9, 2005. Overall the Lady Monarchs are 163-2 at home against the CAA>
* Senior Tiffany Green poured in 11 points and 12 rebounds for her seventh double-double of 2008-09 and 25th of her career. Additionally it was the 13 time this year and 69th time in her career she has reached double figure scoring. It was also the seventh time this year and 30th time as a Lady Monarch Green has reached double figure rebounding.
* Senior Jazzmin Walters returned to the court after missing Thursday night's game with a knee injury to post a game-high 18 points. It was the most the 5-2 senior has scored in CAA competition.
* Sophomore Jasmine Parker added in 11 points as the third Lady Monarch in double figures. It was Parker's 10th time in 2008-09 scoring double figures and 19th overall in her career.
* Sophomore Jasmine Parker has scored in double figures in all five CAA contests thus far and is averaging 14.3 points a game against CAA rivals.
* Senior Tiffany Green led ODU on the boards with 11. It was the sixth time this year and 49th time overall Green has led the Lady Monarchs in the rebounding department.
* Sophomore Sierra Little reset her career-high in rebounds with nine against the Panthers. Her previous mark was eight coming against George Mason on Thursday night.
* Sophomore Alena Voronina went to the line for the first time in her career. She made her first two attempts and finished the game 2-of-3 from the charity stripe.
* Georgia State became the second straight opponent to be held under 50 points this season as they netted only 46 in the loss. ODU held George Mason to 42 in their previous game.