Texas Post-Game Notes
By ODU Athletics
Nov. 17, 2008
* Texas represented the first of five teams in both the Associated Press and ESPN/USA Today Polls the Lady Monarchs will face this season. Following wins over Dayton and St. Mary's, the Longhorns dropped a spot to No. 14 in the AP Poll. The Lady Monarchs remained at No. 25 following victories over Dayton and St. Mary's as well.
* Senior Tiffany Green, who was named CAA Co-Player of the Week earlier in the day, was the lone Lady Monarch in double figures. The Chesapeake, Virginia native collected 17 points.
* Junior Jessica Canady was held to six points. Entering the game against the Longhorns, Canady had scored in double figures in eight of her last nine contest and last five straight dating back to last season.
* Old Dominion was outrebounded for the first time this season, 50-31. Junior Jessica Canady led the Lady Monarchs on the boards with nine.
* Seniors Tiffany Green and Jazzmin Walters accounted for 15 of ODU's 23 first half points. Green and Walters scored the Lady Monarchs first 13 points giving the Lady Monarchs a 13-9 lead with 15:54 left in the opening half. Walters, who up to that point had collected seven points, would not score again the rest of the game. Green finish the first half with eight points.
* Old Dominion opened the season with three road games for the first time since the 2003-04.