Men's Tennis Falls to Louisville, 7-0
Jan. 16, 2011
NORFOLK, Va. - The University of Louisville came out strong and put together a 7-0 win over Old Dominion University Sunday morning at the Folkes-Stevens Indoor Tennis Facility.
The Cardinal controlled all three doubles matches to gain the doubles point. The No. 1 ODU team of Tobias Fanselow and Krzysztof Muzalewski gained a 3-2 lead, but were unable to hang on as they fell 8-5.
After dropping the first set at No. 4 singles 6-3, Albert Ochagavia took a 4-1 lead in the second set, but was unable to hold on, falling 6-4.
Fahoum Fahoum fought back after dropping his first to tie the second set at five all, but Alejandro Calligari rallied to win the set 7-5.
Austen Childs defeated Fanselow 6-1, 6-2 while Viktor Maksimcuk topped Benjamin Chomette 6-3, 6-3.
The Monarchs and the Lady Monarchs are back in action tonight as they take on Norfolk State at 8 p.m. in the Folkes-Stevens Center.
Click here for highlights of this mornings match.Highlights versus Louisville
1. A. Childs/Maksimcuk over Fanselow/Muzalewski 8-5
2. S. Childs/Gupta over Chomette/Fahoum 8-1
3. Calligari/Hall over Ochagavia/Rodriguez 8-5
1. Austen Childs over Tobias Fanselow 6-1, 6-2
2. Viktor Maksimcuk over Benjamin Chomette 6-3 ,6-3
3. Simon Childs over Krysztof Muzalewski 6-4, 6-2
4. Robert Hall over Albert Ochagavia 6-3, 6-4
5. Alejandro Calligari over Fahoum Fahoum 6-3, 7-5
6. Arren Carter over Alfredo Rodriguez 6-2, 6-3