Virginia Post-Game Notes
Nov. 21, 2008
* Old Dominion won its 27th consecutive home game, the nation's second longest active home win streak. The streak dates back to the Dec. 30, 2006, 72-55, victory over national runner-up Rutgers. Old Dominion's last loss at the Ted Constant Convocation Center was against national champion Tennessee back on Dec. 22, 2006. Hartford currently holds the nation's longest win streak at 28 games.
* Old Dominion improved to 29-11 season openers, including a 4-3 mark at the Ted Constant Convocation Center. The Lady Monarchs have won two straight home openers - this year's 78-70 victory over No. 16/11 Virginia and 2006's 76-68 win over Middle Tennessee.
* Senior Jazzmin Walters notched a career-high 24 points surpassing her previous high of 17 capturing against Virginia in last season's second round NCAA Tournament game. It was her 16th double digit scoring game of her career and sixth time she led the Lady Monarchs in scoring.
* Senior Tiffany Green collected her second double-double of the season with 20 points and 12 rebounds. It was Green's 20th double-double her career.
* Senior Tiffany Green also swatted away six Cavalier shots to tie her career-high mark. It was the third time the CAA leading shot blocker has collected six blocks.
* Junior Jessica Canady collected her first double-double of the year with 16 points and 14 rebounds. It was her seventh double-double of her career.
* Junior Jessica Canady led the rebounding corps with 14 boards, the second time this season and eighth time in her career she was the Lady Monarchs' leading rebounder.
* Old Dominion outrebounded Virginia, 46-38, and did not allow any Cavaliers to reach double figure rebounds.
* Junior Jessica Canady set a new career mark in steals with six against Virginia. It replaces her former career-high of four recorded against Charlotte back on Nov. 17, 2007.
* After redshirting her first year and sitting out her second year with a knee injury, sophomore Vicki Collier made Lady Monarch debut. She played nine minutes.
* Seniors Jazzmin Walters and Tiffany Green became the second and third Lady Monarchs respectively to hit the 20-point mark. Jessica Canady is the other Lady Monarch to score 20 or more points in a game having netted a career-high 23 against Dayton.
* It was the third time in her career that senior Tiffany Green scored 20 or more points in a game.