Women's Tennis Drops 6-1 Decision to Wisconsin
March 10, 2012
NORFOLK, Va. - Old Dominion competed in their first outdoor match of the season, falling to Wisconsin 6-1 Saturday afternoon at the Folkes-Stevens Tennis Center.
Junior Juliana Pires earned the Lady Monarchs lone victory of the evening, winning at No. 5 singles over Nova Patel, 6-4, 1-6 (10-5).
Wisconsin was able to win all three doubles matches by the scored of 8-6.
"It was a tough match for the Lady Monarchs today. We had a few girls not come to play 100 percent. We will have days like this again but we will learn from each one and they will start to happen less and less," head coach Dominic Manilla said. "Today will help us be stronger and more prepared when we travel to UNCW next week."
Wisconsin 6 ODU 1
1. Trgovich/Berner (UW) over Ivanova/Esnal Olguin (ODU) 8-6
2. Chupa/Markovic (UW) over Mitrovska/Pires (ODU) 8-6
3. Stracar/Patel (UW) over Khmolovska/Atiso (ODU) 8-6
1. Nicky Stracar (UW) over Diana Ivanova (ODU) 6-2, 6-1
2. Alaina Trgovich (UW) over Aleksandra Mitrovska (ODU) 5-7, 6-2 (10-4)
3. Hannah Berner (UW) over Melissa Esnal Olguin (ODU) 6-2, 6-1
4. Sarah Loebel (UW) over Nika Khmolovska (ODU) 6-4, 6-4
5. Juliana Pires (ODU) over Nova Patel (UW) 6-4, 1-6 (10-5)
6. Angela Chupa (UW) over Faith Atiso (ODU) 6-0, 6-0