Men's Tennis Dominates Navy, 7-0
Feb. 26, 2011
NORFOLK, Va. - Old Dominion University men's tennis put together a dominant performance Saturday afternoon, defeating Navy 7-0 at the Folkes-Stevens Indoor Tennis Center.
Tobias Fanselow set the tone with his 12th-straight win at number one singles, 6-4, 6-1. Krzysztof Muzalewski also won his 12th-consecutive match with a 4-6, 6-4 (10-3) win at the number three spot. Benjamin Chomette put together a 2-6, 6-2, 6-1 win at the number two spot while Fahoum Fahoum and Alfredo Rodriguez each picked up three-set wins at five and six. Albert Ochagavia joined Fanselow as the only other Monarch to win in straight sets, winning 6-2, 6-4.
The Monarchs won the doubles point with Fanselow and Muzalewski earning an 8-4 win at number one and Chomette and Clay Cypert putting together an 8-5 triumph at the number two spot.
The Monarchs take on Georgia State on Monday at 1 p.m. The Lady Monarchs face Towson tomorrow at 1 p.m.
Old Dominion 7 Navy 0
1. Fanselow (ODU) def. Bullard (Navy) 6-4, 6-1
2. Chomette (ODU) def. Rebersak (Navy) 2-6, 6-2, 6-1
3. Muzalewski (ODU) def. New (Navy) 4-6, 6-4, (10-3)
4. Ochagavia (ODU) def. Gutsche (Navy) 6-2, 6-4
5. Fahoum (ODU) def. Richmond (Navy) 2-6, 6-3, 6-2
6. Rodriguez (ODU) def. Walls (Navy) 6-1, 5-7, 6-4
1. Fanselow/Muzalewski (ODU) def. Bullard/Birger (Navy) 8-4
2. Chomette/Cypert (ODU) def. Gutsche/Rebersak (Navy) 8-5
3. New/Drayton (Navy) def. Ochagavia/Rodriguez (ODU) 8-6