#1 Old Dominion vs. #4 James Madison - CAA Semfinal Post Game Notes
March 14, 2003
- Senior forward Kim Giddens set a CAA Tournament record with her career-high 20 rebounds. A Lady Monarch has recorded 20 or more rebounds in a single games 33 times, with the last being Hamchetou Maiga with 20 against SMU on 3/20/00 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
- The 13 turnovers committed by the Lady Monarchs were the fewest of the 2002-03 campaign. The previous low was 15 against Rutgers back on 1/31/02.
- The victory improves Old Dominion's win streak to nine, their longest of the season.
- Old Dominion will be making its 12th straight trip to the CAA Tournament Finals. It will be the first ever meeting between Delaware and ODU in tournament play.
- The victory gave the Lady Monarchs its 20th victory of the season. Old Dominion has had a 20 or more win season the last 12 seasons and 21 times in school history.
- Junior forward Monique Coker collected her eighth double-double of the year with 11 points and 11 rebounds.
- Old Dominion has now won its 34th straight CAA Tournament Game and 109th straight CAA home game. The Lady Monarchs are 19-0 in Norfolk during tournament play. ODU's all-time home record in CAA has improved to 113-1.
- The Lady Monarchs did not connect on a three-point field goal tonight going 0-of-2 from beyond the arc. Both attempts from beyond the arc were in the first half of play. Old Dominion has failed to hit a three-pointer in three games this season.