Military Appreciation Nights Set
NORFOLK, VA—Old Dominion University will provide tickets to 500 active duty servicemen and women, many of whom have recently returned from deployment, to attend Military appreciation basketball games when the Lady Monarchs host UAB on Jan. 22nd and the Monarchs host Southern Miss. on Jan. 23rd at the Ted Constant Convocation Center.
The tickets are provided by individuals and corporations who are participating with the Treat the Troops program, an initiative started this year by the athletic department to recognize the contribution of active and retired military in Hampton Roads and their families. The program accepts contributions throughout the year to provide tickets to all of ODU’s ticketed athletic contests.
All military who present an active or retired military ID at the ticket windows the night of the games will be admitted for only $5 to the contests. To purchase tickets or for more information, contact the Group Sales office at 683-7087.
Fans attending either Military Appreciation game on January 22nd or 23rd can expect to see:
· Members of the ODU Army and Navy ROTC units unveiling the oversized American flag (used at football) on the court for the national anthem.
· The ODU Pep Band playing the hymns of all branches of the armed services at halftime.
· ODU Joint ROTC Choir singing the national anthem and “America the Beautiful” at halftime of the men’s basketball game.
· The US Fleet Forces Command Ceremonial Band performing the national anthem and performing at halftime of the women’s basketball game.
· Game ball presentations to the Sailor of the Year and Marine of the Year.
· Presentation of our nation’s colors by Marine Forces Command color guard.
· Post-game photo opportunity at midcourt for any armed services member or veteran with the ODU basketball team and coaches.
· Military tributes on the videoboard.
· T-shirt giveaway for the first 1000 ODU students at January 23rd men’s game vs. Southern Miss, courtesy of YNot Pizza and Italian Cuisine.
Find more information and make your ticket donation at the following webpage: