Lady Monarchs Set to Face Fighting Camels Saturday at 12 p.m.
NORFOLK, Va. – Old Dominion lacrosse travels to Buies Creek, N.C. on Saturday, February 18 for a 12 p.m. match against the Fighting Camels of Campbell University. The Lady Monarchs enter the match 1-0 after defeating VCU on Wednesday 10-7 in Richmond.
Lady Monarch lacrosse fans can follow Saturday's match via live stats by clicking here.
Old Dominion (1-0, 0-0 ASUN)
The Lady Monarchs look to continue their run from 2016 season during which they won the ASUN Conference tournament and made the programs first NCAA tournament appearance.
- ODU defeated VCU in the season opener on Wednesday, Feb. 15, 10-7 in Richmond, Va.
- The Lady Monarchs have 17 underclassmen and a combined 10 juniors and seniors on the 2017 roster.
- Junior Cydney Tutchton led the team in goals with three while senior Morgan Marrale had a team-high three assists against VCU. Both are tied with a team-high four points.
- Colby Muller (Sr.) and Sophia Richie (So.) each scored two goals to help contribute to ODU’s opening victory. Richie made her first career start at VCU on Wednesday.
- Maggi Buckley, ODU’s senior goalkeeper, made nine saves against VCU while allowing seven goals. She holds a .562 save percentage.
- The Lady Monarchs had 17 caused turnovers in their opening match. Natalie Ledwitz and Muller led the team with three caused turnovers apiece. Kerri Caruso and Alyssa Sebesto were close behind with two CT’s each.
- ODU collected 28 ground balls against VCU on Wednesday. Sebesto led the team with eight while Carson, Caruso and Ledwitz each tacked on three.
Campbell (0-1, 0-0 Big South)
The Fighting Camels head into their home opener 0-1 after falling to the Phoenix of Elon University 15-5 on February 4.
- The Fighting Camels are comprised of seven upperclassmen and 16 freshmen and sophomores.
- Sarah Paul and Melissa Placek lead the team in points with two each. Paul’s points come from a team-high two goals while Placek’s two points come from a goal and an assist.
- Sam Carey leads the Orange and Black in draw controls with four of the teams eight.
- Senior goalkeeper Merredith Bechler holds down the Fighting Camel defense between the pipes. Bechler gave up 15 goals in the season opener at Elon while collecting 13 saves.
The Lady Monarchs hold a 2-0 series advantage over the Fighting Camels. In the last encounter, ODU narrowly escaped with the 12-11 win at the L.R. Hill Sports Complex in Norfolk, Va.
Old Dominion will head to Blacksburg, Va. for their third straight road contest at Virginia Tech on Saturday, February 25. First draw is set for 1 p.m. at the Virginia Tech indoor practice facility.