Apisa, Durisin Named CSCAA Scholar All-Americans
By ODU Athletics
NORFOLK, Va. - Old Dominion University swimmers Ethan Apisa and Peter Durisin were named Coaches Association of America (CSCAA) Scholar All-Americans, the CSCAA announced on Thursday.
Apisa set a Coastal Collegiate Sports Association (CCSA) meet record in the 1650 freestyle this year with a time of 15:24.78, to earn his NCAA B-Cut time.
Durisin recorded his NCAA B-Cut time in the 100 breaststroke with a time of 55.20.
The award recognizes students that have achieved a grade point average of 3.50 or higher and competed at their respective NCAA/NAIA/NJCAA Swimming and Diving Championships.
- Have achieved a minimum grade point average of 3.50 or higher. This can be cumulative for an athlete's career or the semester/ quarter that coincides with their respective national championship OR cumulative GPA.
- Be in good standing with their team and institution throughout the entire season;
- Be nominated by a current CSCAA member or their designee by the entry deadline;
- Have achieved minimum athletic standards:
- For All-American Status, have qualified for - and competed - at their respective National championship either as an individual or as a part of a relay.
- For Honorable-Mention Status, have achieved an individual "B" time standard or competed in their respective NCAA diving qualification meet.
- Individuals achieving "B" standards as a part of a relay are not eligible.
- Divers who qualified for, but did not compete at their respective NCAA diving qualification meet are not eligible.