Game Seven Preview: Old Dominion vs. Marshall
By ODU Athletics
NORFOLK, Va. - Old Dominion University football hosts Marshall on Saturday, Oct. 13 at 3:30 p.m.
Old Dominion (1-5, 0-3 C-USA) vs. Marshall (3-2, 1-1 C-USA)
|Date||Saturday, Oct. 13 • 3:30 p.m. • Norfolk, Va. • Foreman Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium|
|Where to Watch
|Listen||ODU Sports Radio Network|
||Marshall leads 3-1|
|Game Notes||Old Dominion Marshall|
> Quarterback Blake LaRussa completed 39-of-51 passes for 390-yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions. It was LaRussa’s second career 300-yard game.
> Senior wide receiver Jonathan Duhart registered his fifth-straight 100-yard receiving game, catching eight passes for 100-yards.
>Senior receiver Travis Fulgham notched a career-best 10 receptions, gaining 151-yards and a touchdown.
> Junior running back Kesean Strong totaled career-highs in carries with 21, yards with 99, and four total touchdowns. He is the third player in school history to score four touchdowns in one game, joining Ray Lawry (twice) and Thomas DeMarco. Strong had three rushing touchdowns and notched his first career receiving touchdown.
> Senior defensive end Oshane Ximines recorded a sack for the fifth-straight game, notching four tackles and two tackles for loss. He now has 7.5 sacks on the season.
Duhart 100-Yards Again
Jonathan Duhart recorded his fifth-straight 100-yard receving game in the loss at Florida Atlantic. He had eight catches for 100-yards. He had six catches for 81-yards in the second half.
Duhart Top Five in Receiving Yards
Jonathan Duhart is fourth in FBS with 117.7 receiving yards per game. He has had 100-yards receiving in five-straight games. Heading into the season he had three 100-yard
|4.||Jonathan Duhart||Old Dominion||706|
Strong has Breakout Performance
Kesean Strong had a career-high 99-yards rushing at FAU on a career-high 21 carries. His school record tying four touchdowns doubled his career TD total of two heading into the game.
|Strong by the Numbers||Attempts||Yards||TD's|
|Strong First 29 Career Games||42||112||2|
|Strong at Florida Atlantic||21||99||3|
*And a receiving touchdown
ODU Player Profiles
Blake LaRussa - QB - Virginia Beach, Va./Bishop Sullivan
• Set career-highs in completions and attempts at FAU, going 39-of-51 for 390-yards with two touchdowns and two INT’s.
• Was 21-of-36 for 250-yards with two touchdowns and an interception at East Carolina. First start of the year.
• Completed 30-of-49 passes for 495-yards and four touchdowns, running for one in win over Virginia Tech.
Kesean Strong - RB - Oxon Hill, Md./Potomac
• Has battled hamstring injury for most of the season.
• Set career-highs with 21 carries for 99-yards and four total touchdowns at FAU.
• Third player to score four touchdowns in a game, joining Ray Lawry (twice) and Thomas DeMarco.
Travis Fulgham - WR - Ashburn, Va./Broad Run
• Career-high 10 catches at FAU for 151-yards and a touchdown.
• Three catches for 32-yards and a score at ECU
• Career-best nine receptions for 188-yards and TD vs. VT
Lawrence Garner - LB - Columbus, N.J./Northern Burlington
• Second in C-USA with 69 tackles.
• Led team in tackles 5-of-6 games this season.
• Tied for team lead with nine tackles at FAU,
including two tackles for loss.
• Four double-digit tackles games this season, first four of his career.
• Broke his leg in high school, used redshirt year to recooperate and last year to get fully healthy.
Sean Carter - S - Stafford, Va./Colonial Forge
• Tied for fifth in school history with 202 tackles
• Recorded sixth career interception at ECU.
• 75-yard interception return second longest in ODU history.
• Career-high 12 tackles in win over Virginia Tech.
Oshane Ximines - DE - Ahoskie, N.C./Hertford County
• Tied for second in FBS with 7.5 sacks.
• Tied for sixth in FBS with 11 tackles for loss.
• Had four tackles, two tackles for loss and a sack at Florida Atlantic.
• Five-straight games with a sack. Only game did not have a sack was opener at Liberty.