Ximines Finishes Fourth in STATE FARM All-Star Football Challenge Obstacle Course
By ODU Athletics
ARLINGTON, Texas (Jan. 28, 2019) – Oshane Ximines finished in fourth place in the Mercedes Benz Obstacle Course at the 2019 State Farm All-Star Football Challenge held at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas today. Team SEC won the overall team competition after 24 of college football’s brightest stars were divided into six teams based on their college conference. Ximines and Team Wildcard took fifth place. The 21st annual event will air on Friday, Feb. 1, at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN2.
Each team consisted of four players from the same conference that competed for conference supremacy in a series of skills competitions. The conferences represented were the ACC, the Big Ten, the Big 12, the Pac-12, the SEC, and four of the best players outside of the Power Five called the “Wildcard” team.
Each player individually participated in a timed event, and then finished with a full team event. Events were all timed, and had individual winners, that compiled into a cumulative score to determine the winning conference. For example, the quarterbacks from each team all competed against each other to win their competition. Then, their times were added to their teammates’ times to determine a final team score.
Individual event winners included Penn State’s Trace McSorley in the State Farm QB Accuracy Competition, Oklahoma State’s Justice Hill in the Mercedes-Benz Obstacle Course, Michigan’s Rashan Gary in the Quicken Loans Lineman Strength Challenge, Notre Dame’s Julian Love in the Hands Competition and Team SEC in the State Farm Team Competition.
The following are the individual and team results for the 2019 State Farm All-Star Football Challenge:
Mercedes-Benz Obstacle Course
1. Big 12 – Justice Hill, RB, Oklahoma State (21.0 seconds)
2. SEC – Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama (22.5)
3. Pac-12 – Jalen Jelks, DE, Oregon (22.8)
4. Wildcard - Oshane Ximines, DE, Old Dominion (23.2)
5. ACC – Brian Burns, DE, Florida State (24.1)
6. Big Ten – Devin Bush, LB, Michigan (26.4)
State Farm QB Accuracy Competition
1. Big Ten – Trace McSorley, Penn State (22.4 seconds)
2. SEC – Jarrett Stidham, Auburn (26.7)
3. ACC – Ryan Finley, NC State (31.1)
4. Pac-12 – Gardner Minshew, Washington State (32.8)
5. Wildcard – Tyree Jackson, Buffalo (33.0)
6. Big 12 – Kyle Kempt, Iowa State (41.3)
Quicken Loans Lineman Strength Challenge
1. Big Ten – Rashan Gary, DT, Michigan (25.62 seconds)
2. SEC – Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State (25.68)
3. Wildcard – Carl Granderson, DE, Wyoming (25.7)
4. Big 12 – Charles Omenihu, DE, Texas (26.2)
5. ACC – Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson (26.8)
6. Pac-12 – Greg Gaines, DT, Washington (28.7)
1. ACC – Julian Love, DB, Notre Dame (16.3 seconds)
2. Pac-12 – N’Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State (16.5)
3. Wildcard – Anthony Johnson, WR, Buffalo (17.5)
4. SEC – AJ Brown, WR, Ole Miss (18.1)
Big Ten – Amani Oruwariye, DB, Penn State (18.1)
6. Big 12 – Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa State (20.5)
State Farm Team Competition
1. SEC – 40.4 seconds
2. Big 12 – 42.4
3. Big Ten – 43.5
4. ACC – 43.7
5. Pac-12 – 46.3
6. Wildcard – 48.1
Final Team Standings
1. SEC – 133.3 seconds
2. Big Ten – 136
3. ACC – 142
4. Pac 12 – 147.1
5. Wildcard – 147.5
6. Big 12 – 151.4
For more information on the 2019 State Farm All-Star Football Challenge, like our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/AllStarFootball) and follow us on Twitter (@AllStarFBall) and Instagram (@AllStarFball).
Since 1985, Intersport has been an award-winning innovator and leader in the creation of sports, lifestyle and entertainment-based marketing platforms. With expertise in Sponsorship Consulting, Experiential Marketing, Hospitality, Customer Engagement, Content Marketing, Productions and Sports Properties, this Chicago-based Marketing & Media Solutions Company helps their clients to create ideas, content and experiences that attract and engage passionate audiences. To learn more about Intersport, visit www.intersportnet.com, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
About State Farm®
The mission of State Farm is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm and its affiliates are the largest providers of auto and home insurance in the United States. Its nearly 19,000 agents and approximately 65,000 employees serve approximately 83 million policies and accounts – approximately 81 million auto, fire, life, health and commercial policies and approximately 2 million bank accounts. Commercial auto insurance, along with coverage for renters, business owners, boats and motorcycles, is available. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent of the State Farm family of companies. State Farm is ranked No. 36 on the 2018 Fortune 500 list of largest companies. For more information, please visit http://www.statefarm.com.