Garbutt Appointed to NCAA Regional Advisory Committee
By ODU Athletics
NORFOLK, Va. - Old Dominion rowing head coach Dan Garbutt was named to the NCAA Regional Advisory Committee. The position is a three year appointment that begins on August 1, 2017.
The role of the regional advisory committee is to assist the national committee in the evaluation of teams throughout the season, the evaluation of potential regional sites and the recommendation for the championship.
The duties of regional advisory committee members include the following:
- Adhere to championship policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and rank teams in region using the selection criteria.
- Ensure that teams under consideration meet minimum game requirements.
- Formulate recommendations (with rationale) to the national committee.
- Ensure that all information reviewed by the regional advisory committee remains confidential.
- Understand that all conference assigned individuals on the regional advisory committee represent the region, not the conference.
- Gather and share results for teams within their conference or geographic area.
- Consideration of all information provided by other regional advisory committee members.
- Ranking of the top teams in their designated region.
- Serve as a resource for the national committee.
Old Dominion rowing kicks off its fall schedule at the Head of the Charles in Boston, Massachusetts on October 21-22.