Men's Tennis Wins Fifth-Straight, 7-0 Over Temple
By ODU Athletics
March 29, 2012
NORFOLK, Va. - Old Dominion University men's tennis won their fifth-straight match with a convincing 7-0 win over Temple Thursday afternoon at the Folkes-Stevens Tennis Center.
ODU improved to 10-8 on the year with the victory.
The Monarchs started the match with wins in all three doubles contests. Can Cetinel and Fahoum Fahoum were dominant at No. 1 doubles with an 8-2 victory while Albert Ochagavia and Carlos Lopez Villa won 8-5 at No. 2. Krzysztof Muzalewski and Alfredo Rodriguez won 8-4 at No. 3 doubles to complete the sweep.
Singles action went just as smooth for Old Dominion as Muzalewski won 6-1, 6-1 at No. 1 while Lopez Villa cruised to an 6-0, 6-0 win at No. 2.
Wesley Barrett picked up a 6-4, 6-3 win at No. 4 while Cetinel won 6-2, 6-3 at the No. 5 spot.
Alfredo Rodriguez was victorious at No. 6 6-2, 6-4 while Ochagavia finished things off at No. 4 with a 6-3, 6-4 victory.
The Monarchs hit the road for two-straight away matches, as they travel to UNCW April 1 and Campbell April 2.
ODU 7 Temple 0
1. Cetinel/Fahoum (ODU) over Stekolshikov/Vasconez (TU) 8-2
2. Ochagavia/Lopez Villa (ODU) over Vizhunov/Marquart (TU) 8-5
3. Muzalewski/Rodriguez (ODU) over Hairston/Gishkaev (TU) 8-4
1. Krzysztof Muzalewski (ODU) over Filip Rams (TU) 6-1, 6-1
2. Carlos Lopez Villa (ODU) over Stanislav Stekolshikov (TU) 6-0, 6-0
3. Albert Ochagavia (ODU) over Kristian Marquart (TU) 6-3, 6-4
4. Wesley Barrett (ODU) over Dmitry Vizhunov (TU) 6-4, 6-3
5. Can Cetinel (ODU) over Taylor Hairston (TU) 6-2, 6-3
6. Alfredo Rodriguez (ODU) over Mansur Gishkaev (TU) 6-2, 6-4