No. 35 UNCW Tops Tops Men's Tennis, 6-1
By ODU Athletics
April 1, 2012
WILMINGTON, N.C. - Alfredo Rodriguez won a thrilling three-set match but it would not be enough as Old Dominion University men's tennis fell 6-1 at No. 35 UNCW Sunday evening.
Rodriguez got the only singles win of the day for the Monarchs with a hard fought 7-6 (7-1) 5-7, 10-7 win over Sam Williams at the No. 6 spot.
UNCW earned the doubles point to start the match with wins at No. 1 and No. 3. Carlos Lopez Villa and Albert Ochagvia earned the win at No. 2 doubles with an 8-4 win over Michael Reilly and Williams.
ODU is back in action tomorrow when they travel to Campbell for a 2 p.m. match.
No. 35 UNCW 6, Old Dominion 1
1. No. 88 Rafael Aita (UNCW) def. Krzysztof Muzalewski (ODU) 6-2, 6-2
2. Chris Cooprider (UNCW) def. Carlos Lopez Villa (ODU) 6-4, 6-4
3. Pedro Mol (UNCW) def. Albert Ochagavia (ODU) 6-2, 0-6, 6-3
4. Kosta Blank (UNCW) def. Wesley Barrett (ODU) 7-5, 6-1
5. Kaue Pereira (UNCW) def. Can Cetinel (ODU) 6-3, 7-5
6. Alfredo Rodriguez (ODU) def. Sam Williams (UNCW) 7-6 (7-1), 5-7, 1-0 (10-7)
1. Chris Cooprider/Kosta Blank (UNCW) def. Fahoum Fahoum/Can Cetinel (ODU) 8-3
2. Carlos Lopez Villa/Albert Ochagavia (ODU) def. Michael Reilly/Sam Williams (UNCW) 8-4
3. Rafael Aita/Pedro Mol (UNCW) def. Krzysztof Muzalewski/Alfredo Rodriguez (ODU) 8-5