No. 65 Monarch Tennis Falls To No. 41 Penn, 5-2
March 20, 2006
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. -- The Old Dominion men's tennis team snapped a four- game win streak falling to the University of Pennsylvania, 5-2. The Quakers, ranked 41st in the ITA poll improved to 10-4 in the victory, while the Monarchs, ranked 65th, fell to 13-7 overall.
The Monarchs collected a win from Aleksandr Seleznev at No. 3 singles and won the doubles point. Seleznev posted a 7-6(4), 6-4 win over the Quakers's Joseph Lok for the lone Old Dominion singles victory. Meanwhile in doubles the team of Harel Srugo and Seleznev earned an 8-3 victory over Jonathan BOym and Mikhail Bekker at No. 2 doubles and Rodrigo Souza and Nathanial Grover edged out Justin Gox and Brandon O'Gara, 8-5.
The Monarch men's tennis team will return to action at the Hampton Road Collegiate Team Invitational this weekend. The event will run from Friday, March 24th through Sunday, March 26th at Owl Creek.
No. 41 PENN 5, No. 65 OLD DOMINION 2
1. Jason Pinsky (P) def. No. 36 Harel Srugo (ODU) 6-4, 7-6(5)
2. Mikhail Bekker (P) def. Henrique Cancado (ODU) 6-1, 7-6(4)
3. Jonathan Boym (P) def. No. 77 Eidy Igarashi (ODU) 6-4, 3-6, 6-3
4. Aleksandr Seleznev (ODU) def. Joseph Lok (P) 7-6(4), 6-4
5. Justin Fox (P) def. Rodrigo Souza (ODU) 6-4, 6-4
6. Jimmy Fairbanks (P) def. Nathaniel Grover (ODU) 6-7(5), 1-1
1. Jason Pinsky/Joseph Lok (P) def. Henrique Cancado/Eidy Igarashi (ODU) 8-5
2. Harel Srugo/Alexsandr Seleznev (ODU) def. Jonathan Boym/Mikhail Bekker (P) 8-3
3. Rodrigo Souza/Nathaniel Grover def. Justin Fox/Brandon O'Gara (P) 8-5