#66 Monarch Men's Tennis Defeated By #8 Duke
Jan. 29, 2006
DURHAM, N.C. - No. 8 Duke ended the Old Dominion men's tennis team's win streak at five as they earned a 7-0 shutout victory over the 66th-ranked Monarchs at the Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center.
Sunday's match represented Duke's first dual meet of the season The Monarch meanwhile fell to 5-1 on the season in meeting its first ranked opponent of the spring.
The Monarchs return to action on Friday when they host Cornell at Center Court Racket Club in Newport News, Va.
No. 8 Duke 7, No. 66 Old Dominion 0
1. No. 9 Ludovic Walter (Duke) def. Harel Srugo (ODU), 6-2, 7-5
2. No. 20 Jonathan Stokke (Duke) def. Henrique Cancado (ODU), 6-3, 3-6, 6-2
3. Joey Atas (Duke) def. No. 90 Eidy Igarashi (ODU), 6-2, 7-6 (5)
4. Peter Rodrigues (Duke) def. Aleksandr Seleznev (ODU), 6-2, 6-4
5. Christopher Brown (Duke) def. Rodrigo Souza (ODU), 6-1, 6-1
6. Kiril Dimitrov (Duke) def. Nathanial Grover (ODU), 6-3, 6-2
1. Amritraj & Stokke (Duke) def. Grover & Srugo (ODU), 9-8
2. Atas & Walter (Duke) def. No. 33 Cancado & Igarashi (ODU), 8-0
3. Rodrigues & Samuelson (Duke) def. Seleznev & Souza (ODU), 8-4