Men's Tennis Takes Care of Christopher Newport, 7-0
Feb. 18, 2011
NORFOLK, Va. - Old Dominion University men's tennis won its second match of the day with a 7-0 victory over Christopher Newport Friday night at the Folkes-Stevens Indoor Tennis Center.
The Monarchs swept through the doubles point, winning all three matches. Tobias Fanselow and Krzysztof Muzalewski won 8-2 at number one singles while Albert Ochagavia and Alfredo Rodriguez also won 8-2. Benjamin Chomette and Clay Cypert delivered the sweep with an 8-5 win at the number two spot.
Chomette gave ODU their first win in singles, cruising to a 6-3, 6-0 win. Ochagavia and Cypert were also solid, delivering 6-2, 6-1 and 6-2, 6-3 wins, respectively.
Muzalewski put together a straight-set win at No. 3 singles, 6-3, 6-3. Fanselow and Rodriguez had tougher battles, going into a third-set tiebreaker before coming out on top. Fanselow gutted out a 6-2, 3-6, 10-3 win while Rodriguez won 6-1, 4-6, 10-6.
Old Dominion 7 Christopher Newport 0
1. Fanselow/Muzalewski (ODU) defeat Heyer/Shulman (CNU) 8-2
2. Chomette/Cypert (ODU) King/Winding (CNU) 8-5
3. Ochagavia/Rodriguez (ODU) defeat Nelson/Sison (CNU) 8-2
1. Tobias Fanselow (ODU) defeat Eric Shulman (CNU) 6-2, 3-6 (10-3)
2. Benjamin Chomette (ODU) defeat Garrett Widing (CNU) 6-3, 6-0
3. Krzysztof Muzalewski (ODU) defeat Gianandrea Heyer (CNU) 6-3, 6-3
4. Albert Ochagavia (ODU) defeat Dusty Nelson (CNU) 6-2, 6-1
5. Alfredo Rodriguez (ODU) defeat Josef Manilla (CNU) 6-1, 4-6 (10-6)
6. Clay Cypert (ODU) defeat Lorenzo Sison (CNU) 6-2, 6-3