Monarchs Host Albany in 64th Oyster Bowl on Saturday
NORFOLK, Va. - Old Dominion University football welcomes Albany on Saturday, Sept. 28 in the 64th Annual Oyster Bowl.
The Monarchs enter the contest at 2-2 while the Great Danes are 1-3.
• Taylor Heinicke was 35-of-42 for 363 yards and three touchdowns. The junior quarterback also rushed for 52 yards and a touchdown. It was the 15th time in his career he passed for 300 plus yards and his 17th three TD passing game. Heinicke is the FBS active career leader in completion percentage at 69.2 percent. ODU players are listed as FBS players on active career lists, as well as single-season statistical charts. The single-season stats they are listed at the bottom as a transitional school.
• Senior running back Colby Goodwyn had his second-straight solid performance, rushing for 94 yards on 16 carries. Goodwyn scored two touchdowns and also had three receptions for 29 yards. Cam Boyd contributed 46 yards and two more scores. The five rushing TD's tied an Old Dominion single-game record.
• After having just one catch (it was a 76-yard TD) against Howard, Antonio Vaughan had 11 catches for 107 yards and a touchdown versus The Citadel. Vaughan had an impressive first half, catching eight passes for 79 yards. He finished the game one catch shy of tying his career-high and the school record of 12 receptions. His 100-yard receiving game was the second by an ODU receiver this season, as Zach Pascal had 124 yards last week against Howard.
• Fellonte Misher, Andre Simmons and John Darr all reached double-digit tackles against The Citadel. It is the first time in school history ODU had three players each double-digits in the same game. Simmons finished with a career-best 13, Misher a career-high 11, and Darr tied his career-high with 11.• For the third time this season, ODU produced more than 450 yards of offense, piling up 542 yards of offense last week against The Citadel
• Quarterback Taylor Heinicke passed for 363 yards in ODU's win over The Citadel last week, giving him 8,734 for his career. The junior is just 266 yards away from 9,000 for his career. He would become the third active FBS quarterback to reach the 9,000 yard plateau, joining Aaron Murray of Georgia and Corey Robinson of Troy.
• With his season-high 94 yards rushing last week against The Citadel, Colby Goodwyn is now 126 yards away from breaking Thomas DeMarco's career rushing mark. DeMarco ran for 1,456 yards in his ODU career.
• Heinicke has passed for 1,273 yards and 10 touchdowns on the season and has rushed for 173 and three scores.
• Colby Goodwyn leads ODU with 231 rushing yards and four TD's on the ground while Cam Boyd has 150 yards and three scores.
• Larry Pinkard leads the deep receiving core with 21 receptions for 345 yards and three scores. Antonio Vaughan and Blair Roberts have 20 catches apiece. Vaughan has 247 receiving yards and two TD's while Roberts has 168 yards and three touchdowns.
• Fellonte Misher leads ODU with 36 tackles while Andre Simmons has 31 and John Darr has 30.
The Monarchs cap their four-game homestand, hosting Liberty in the homecoming game at 6 p.m. The game will be broadcast locally on Cox 114.