UPDATED: Women's Rowing Walk-On Information
By ODU Athletics
Sept. 1, 2010
ODU ROWING WALK-ON INFORMATION
Learn about trying out for ODU's newest Women's Varsity Sport - ROWING!
NO ROWING EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY
Did you know that almost 50% of most D1 Women's Rowing team athletes NEVER rowed before college?
- ANY full-time undergraduate woman.
- Height preferences: 5'8" or taller for rowers 5'4" or shorter for *coxswains.
- Fill out our Walk-on Profile by clicking here.
Please attend the call-out most convenient for you:
- Thursday, September 1, 2010 at 6pm Webb Center (James River Room)
- Friday, September 2, 2010 at 6 pm - POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER
- Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 6 pm Webb Center (Isle of Wright Room)
ALREADY SURE YOU WANT TO TRY OUT?
1) Use the Physical Exam Form and get a PHYSICAL done by your home MD**
2) Print and fill out the Emergency Contact/Insurance Form
3) Give your parent/guardian a copy of the Insurance Coverage Letter
4) Bring all completed forms with you to one of the meetings above
NOTE: YOU MAY ATTEND THE CALL-OUT MEETING BUT MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN TRYOUT ACTIVITIES WITHOUT THESE FORMS COMPLETED BY 9/4/09.
* COXSWAIN CANDIDATES: Please see the "Coxing in a Nutshell" attachment here to learn more about coxing.
**PHYSICAL: Can be done at Student Health Center for a fee.