FAN GUIDE for
GAME DAY at Foreman Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium
2017 ODU FOOTBALL FAN GUIDE
Guest Services Our friendly, helpful, well-trained staff will ensure that your event experience will be an enjoyable and memorable one. The guest services tent is located at the south east end of the stadium, next to section 122.
Guest with Disabilities The Stadium is accessible to all guests and features accessible seating and one companion seat at the bottom of sections 101, 102, 108, 109, 114, 115, 121 and 122. Wheel chair seating is available at the bottom of sections 105, 111 and 112. ADA parking is available on the first level of Garage E located on the corner of 49th street and Bluestone Ave. To obtain more detailed information regarding our services for guests with disabilities, you may contact the Box Office at (757) 683.4444.
The Ainslie Game Day Complex
Suites Suites will open two (2) hours before each game. Suite entrances are located at Gate C or Garage E levels three and four. Suites are located on the third and fourth floor of the south game day building. Suites 300-312 are located on the third floor and suites 401-412 are located on the fourth floor. Access to the suite levels requires proper credentials.
THE MONARCH BANK & MORTGAGE Loge Level Loge Seats (sections 201-211) and the Scholarship Lounge will open two (2) hours before each game. Loge ticket holders can enter through Gate C or the second level of Garage E. Access to loge seating requires proper tickets and/or credentials.
The LEXUS Field Pass Terrace The Lexus Field Pass Terrace will open 90 minutes before game time and remain open throughout the game. Alcohol will be served on the Terrace until the start of the fourth quarter. Premium seat ticket holders are allowed access to the Terrace with their game ticket.
The Scholarship Lounge The scholarship lounge is located on the second floor of the complex and opens 45 minutes prior to kick off, and is open throughout the game. The lounge is open to suite and loge seat holders, who may purchase a buffet meal and beverages in a climate controlled environment.
Alcohol Policy Alcoholic beverages or containers of any kind are NOT permitted inside the stadium. Persons identified with alcohol will be asked to leave the premises. Guest appearing intoxicated will be subject to ejection and turned over to police.
Animals Animals are not permitted in or on stadium grounds, with the exception of trained service animals for our fans with disabilities.
ATM Locations Portable ATM's will be available on the East Plaza located behind section 120.
Baby Changing Station One family restroom with baby changing station is located on the south side of the Ainslie Game Day Complex.
Banners/Signs/Flags Handheld banners/signs are approved as long as they represent good sportsmanship and do not block the view of others. Flags are approved, however, flag poles are not allowed and flags cannot block the view of others.
Cameras Still cameras with lenses less than six inches are allowed, however flash photography and stands/tripods are prohibited. Videos cameras are not allowed in the stadium.
Concessions ARAMARK is the concessionaire for games at the stadium. Points of sale locations are located behind the east and west sides of the stadium.
Emergencies and Evacuation Procedures In the event of a serious emergency, all Event Staff, Ushers, and Law Enforcement are available to assist guests, including those with disabilities. Information will also be provided over the public address system and on the scoreboard. In the event of an evacuation due to severe weather, please tune to 94.1 FM for updates.
First Aid If medical assistance is required, notify the nearest Event Staff person. They will escort you to the Bon Secours First Aid station. The facility is fully equipped to handle all minor injuries. The station is located on the first floor in the Ainslie Game Day Complex at the south end of the stadium.
Gate Openings General Public gates (A, B, D, & E) open 90 minutes prior to game time. Suites/Loge gate (C) open two (2) hours prior to game time.
Game Programs Game day programs are available for purchase at all gate entrances to the stadium for $5.
Fan Behavior Individuals attending athletic events at Old Dominion University are expected to conduct themselves in a manner respectable of the nature and character of the University. Persons acting in a disruptive, disrespectful, or disorderly manner may be asked to leave the premises or be subject to criminal sanctions. Students may also be subject to sanctions of the University's Code of Student Conduct.
Old Dominion University offers an in-stadium, fan assistance program at football games to assist fans in alerting game management on a variety of concerns ranging from ticket and medical emergencies to inappropriate language. Fans have several options to report their concerns, to include alerting the nearest usher or a member of the game management staff, or sending a text to (757) 617.7457 with your seat location and concern during the game. A member of the game management staff will respond to the message immediately. Public address and LED announcements will run throughout the game providing the text number for fans.
Umbrellas Umbrellas are discouraged inside the stadium. However, as a guest service, personal sized umbrellas shall be allowed. Umbrellas shall not be opened or raised in the seating areas to preserve an unimpaired view by others, and should be stored under seats at all times.
Items NOT Permitted Inside Stadium
The flowing items are not permitted into Stadium:
- Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs
- Backpacks or large bags(Bags that are allowed: purses and baby bags will be checked at the gates prior to entry)
- Glass bottles or aluminum cans
- Coolers or containers
- Fireworks, firearms, or other weapons
- Bullhorns, cow bells, whistles, drums or megaphones
- Beach balls and other inflatable's
- Outside food and beverage
- Skateboards or rollerblades
- Water bottles or mugs
- Items that can be thrown such as balls or Frisbees
- NOISE MAKERS NOT PERMITED including: Cowbells, Horns, Whistles, Drums, and Megaphones.
Approved Noise Makers include:
- Thunder sticks
- Fan clappers
Lost and Found
All Lost and Found items are to be turned into the Guest Services tent located at the South East end of the stadium next to section 122.
Restroom Facilities Restroom facilities are located on the east and west sides of the stadium and the south game day building. Portable restrooms are also available in various locations surrounding the stadium.
Guests do not have access to the playing field at any time. VIOLATORS ARE SUBJECT TO ARREST AND MAY BE PROSECUTED.
Press Box/Coaches Box
Press box is located at the top of section 105 on the west side of the Stadium; this area is restricted to only those who have proper identifiable credentials. The coaches' box is located at the top of section 118 on the east side of the Stadium; this area is restricted to only those who have proper identifiable credentials.
The Follett/University Village bookstore and its on-campus satellite locations are the exclusive vendors for game days. The bookstore will have four satellite retail locations in and around the stadium, selling Monarch fan gear and spirit items. In addition, the Village bookstore on Monarch Way will be open at 8 a.m. on game days.
Merchandise Licensing Regulations
Any non-Follett vendor that is selling merchandise on the campus will be served with a cease and desist letter, will have their merchandise seized and be asked to leave the campus by University Police. Any vendor that is selling merchandise off the ODU campus should have the appropriate peddler's license from the City of Norfolk. The Norfolk Police Department will patrol the outlying areas of campus to make sure vendors have the appropriate license. Any vendors without a license will be written a citation by the Norfolk Police. Only merchandise items bearing the CLC approved hologram emblem on the tag are official ODU licensed items. If an item does not have this hologram, it is not an Old Dominion University authorized item. If interested in becoming an ODU licensed vendor to sell merchandise off campus, please visit www.odu.edu/licensing.
The selling and/or distribution of any item by anyone other than university authorized personnel in and around Foreman Field and the ODU campus, including parking lots, is prohibited. Violators are subject to prosecution.
Smoking is not permitted in the seating areas, plaza/concourse, or rest-rooms. The smoking areas is located next to the East and West plaza. Smoking is restricted to the designated areas.
Re-entry to Stadium is prohibited.
Portable stadium seats are permitted inside Foreman Field provided the seats do not exceed a width of 18” and a depth of 11”
- Public will call is located at the Stadium Ticket Office next to Gate C.
- High School Prospects will call is located at Gate D.
- Visiting Team will call is located at Gate A.
- Media will call is located at Gate D.
- High School Coaches' and ODU Team will call is located at Gate D.
- Suite Holders VIP will call is located at Gate C.
- Please have photo ID available when picking up tickets.
- All Will-call windows open 2 hours prior to kickoff.
Non-Game Days / Game Days
The Box Office is located in the Ted Constant Convocation Center on the corner of 43rd Street and Hampton Blvd. The hours of operation are 10am - 6pm. Monday - Friday, and 10am. - 2pm on Saturday, as well as variable hours on event days. The Ted Constant Convocation Center Box Office is the main contact for Old Dominion University men's and women's Basketball games, wrestling matches held in the Constant Center, football, and all Non-ODU Athletic Events.
Game Days Only
The stadium ticket office is located on the east side of the 49th street parking garage, located directly behind the Ainslie Game Day Complex.
Season/Single Game Tickets
Season tickets for the Old Dominion University 2012 football season are not available at this time. Fans are encouraged to join ODU's football ticket waiting list at http://www.odusports.com/tickets/tickets-football.html. Should single game tickets become available, waiting list members will receive the opportunity to purchase tickets prior to public sales. Call the athletic ticket office for more information at (757) 683.4444.
STUDENT TICKETS FOR FOOTBALL AVAILABLE ONLINE! Old Dominion University students, who have paid the student activity fee, are admitted free to all Old Dominion University athletic events.
Students tickets are available beginning two weeks (the Monday prior to the week of the home game) through 6pm on Friday, one week prior to the game. Students must login at www.odusports.com/tickets during the designated days above, type in their UIN number and password and select the appropriate game. One student ticket is permitted per UIN number. Students will receive an email confirmation of their order, which will activate their ID for admission. On game day, students must swipe their student ID's at the student entrance to be admitted.
Student Guest Tickets
Available on a limited basis for football and basketball games. Guest tickets must be purchased at the same time as student pickup, and limited to one guest ticket per ID. Family Weekend - The football game against The Citadel on Saturday, September 21st, has been designated as Family Day. Discounted tickets for this contest will be available to families participating in Family Weekend. For more information contact the Student Transition and Family Programs at (757) 683.3428.
The Student Entrance is located at Gate E in the northwest corner of the Stadium. The Student Entrance opens 90 minutes prior to kick-off and is open throughout the game. Students must have a current ODU student ID and ticket for admission to the stadium. Members of the Monarch Maniacs, the University's student spirit club, will be admitted two hours prior to kickoff at the student entrance. Admission is gained by wearing the official Monarch Maniac t-shirt for admission, in addition to presenting a current ODU ID and student ticket.
Visiting Team Fans
Visiting team fans are guests of Foreman Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium. Harassment of the visiting team or its fans will not be tolerated and may result in ejection of the offender.
TAILGATING at ODU
Old Dominion University wants you to have an enjoyable experience during your visit to campus. The parking and tailgating policies below are designed to ensure your safety and comfort. Tailgating is permissible in surface lots and designated spots on campus. Admission to campus surface lots will be by display of a proper vehicle pass, provided by the ODAF.
- Tailgating areas will open four (4) hours prior to each football game's kickoff. TAILGATING AT HALFTIME AND DURING THE GAME IS PROHIBITED and fans must vacate the parking lots no later than two hours after the completion of the game.
- University and Virginia state statutes and regulations on drug and alcohol consumption will be strictly enforced. University policy and state law precludes the serving of alcoholic beverages to anyone less than 21 years of age. Hosts who furnish alcohol to underage students may incur criminal risks and personal civil liability exposure.
- Glass containers are not permitted in the tailgating area.
- Kegs, party balls, drinking apparatus, drinking games and/or mass consumption purchases of alcohol are prohibited.
- Grills are permitted in University surface lots and restricted areas of Kaufman Mall only and must be elevated at least one foot above the parking surface so that heat does not cause damage to the asphalt. Coals from charcoal grills must be disposed in marked fire retardant receptacles on campus. Open pit fires are prohibited. Gas grills are restricted to 10 gallon propane tanks per vehicle.
- Gas generators are prohibited.
- Pegging tents in parking lots is not permissible.
- No animals will be permitted in any designated tailgate areas and/or spaces, with the exception of trained service animals for fans with disabilities.
- Waste food items and trash must be disposed of in appropriate containers provided throughout campus.
- Tailgating areas may not extend beyond the designated parking space per vehicle, and may not impede vehicular traffic in the assigned lots/areas.
- No household furniture, sofas, recliners, etc., are allowed within designated tailgate areas and/or spaces.
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, and roller blading is prohibited within the designated tailgate areas and/or spaces.
- Any violation of the above policies may result in termination of tailgating privileges, criminal prosecution and/or disciplinary action through the Office of Student Conduct & Academic Integrity if the person is an ODU student.
Patrons whose vehicles have been towed while parking on grounds will need to contact Jack's Towing at (757) 461.5765 to locate their vehicle.