ODU Rallies From Down 3-1 to Claim 4-3 Win at North Texas
DENTON, Texas – The Old Dominion women’s tennis team (7-4) came back from a 3-1 deficit to defeat North Texas (4-7) by a 4-3 score on Friday night at the Waranch Tennis Complex.
No. 68 Holly Hutchinson tied the match at 1-1 with a straight set win over Tamuna Kutubidze in No. 2 singles (6-1, 6-4).
Ingrid Vojcinakova cut into ODU’s deficit to make the score 3-2, as Vojcinakova downed Laura Arciniegas 6-4, 6-1.
No. 112 Borislava Botusharova tied the match at 3-3 with a win over No. 74 nationally ranked Maria Kononova in three sets in No. 1 singles (1-6, 7-6, 6-3).
It was Nataliia Vlasova who sealed the deal for ODU with a 6-4, 0-6, 6-4 victory over Alexandra Heczey.
Old Dominion will be back in action on Monday, March 6, when the Lady Monarchs host Western Michigan at the Folkes-Stevens Tennis Center at 12:30 p.m.
For a complete look at the ITA Singles, Doubles and Team Rankings, please CLICK HERE.
Tennis Match Results
Old Dominion vs. North Texas
Mar 03, 2017 at Denton, TX
(Waranch Tennis Complex)
Old Dominion 4, North Texas 3
1. #112 Borislava Botusharova (ODU) def. #74 Maria Kononova (NT) 1-6, 7-6 (5), 6-3
2. No. 68 Holly Hutchinson (ODU) def. Tamuna Kutubidze (NT) 6-1, 6-4
3. Alexis Thoma (NT) def. Adriana Rajkovic (ODU) 6-2, 6-0
4. Nataliia Vlasova (ODU) def. Alexandra Heczey (NT) 6-4, 0-6, 6-4
5. Minying Liang (NT) def. Marijana Novakovic (ODU) 6-4, 6-2
6. Ingrid Vojcinakova (ODU) def. Laura Arciniegas (NT) 6-4, 6-1
1. Tamuna Kutubidze/Maria Kononova (NT) def. Nataliia Vlasova/Adriana Rajkovic (ODU) 6-0
2. Alexandra Heczey/Alexis Thoma (NT) def. Holly Hutchinson/Ingrid Vojcinakova (ODU) 7-6 (7-5)
3. Borislava Botusharova/Marijana Novakovic (ODU) def. Minying Liang/Ivana Babic (NT) 6-2
Old Dominion 7-4
North Texas 4-7
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3,2); Singles (2,5,3,6,1,4)
Follow the Lady Monarchs on Social Media
Follow us on Twitter @ODUWomensTennis and ‘Like’ us on Facebook at ODU Women’s Tennis to stay up to date with the latest ODU Women’s Tennis news.