Thank you for your support of Monarch Athletics! The proud athletics history and tradition of ODU would not be what it is today without your generosity and support. This tradition can only continue if the alumni, boosters and friends of the university are well informed about the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules and regulations for 'Representatives of Athletics Interests' - traditionally known as 'Boosters'.
Please keep in mind that adherence to NCAA rules and regulations are of utmost importance to Old Dominion University. ODU is responsible for the actions of its 'Representatives of Athletics Interest'. Please read the information provided in the Guide for Representatives of Athletics Interest. This document will help answer any questions in regard to the NCAA rules and regulations and what is and isn't permissible.
Representative of Athletics Interest
A Representative of Athletics Interest (Booster) is anyone who is known or should be known by a member of the institution's administrator or coaching staff to:
- Participate in or have been a member of a sport support group or booster club;
- Provide or helped arrange employment for student-athletes or provided benefits for enrolled student-athletes;
- Have been involved, in any way in the promotion of ODU Athletics;
- Participated as a varsity athlete at ODU;
- Make or have made a donation to ODU or an ODU booster club;
- Assist with recruitment;
- Has been requested by the athletics department staff to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes or is assisting in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
The best policy is to ASK BEFORE YOU ACT. Should you have any questions, please contact the compliance office at ODU.
Thanks and Go Monarchs!
Further Information and Forms: