Cast Your Vote For Chris Harmon For Soccer News Net Player Of The Year
Nov. 30, 2012
NORFOLK, VA-- ODU's senior Chris Harmon is one of 34 players who are finalists for the 2012 Soccer News Net College Boot Award, recognizing the men's college Player of the Year.
Cast your vote at:http://www.phillysoccernews.com/collegeboot/mplayerpoll.php ).
The editors of each of the sites in the Soccer News Net network nominated up to five local players for the award, each of which will be eligible for the regional player of the year award. The nominations included athletes playing at colleges within each site's coverage area, as well as athletes from the area playing collegiately elsewhere in the country. Nine additional at-large selections rounded out the nominations.
Fans from across the country will be able to vote for the top collegiate player. Voting will continue until December 22, and will be conducted on Big Apple Soccer (www.bigapplesoccer.com), Chicagoland Soccer News (www.chicagolandsoccernews.com), LA Soccer News (www.lasoccernews.com), New England Soccer News (www.newenglandsoccernews.com), Philly Soccer News (www.phillysoccernews.com) and Dallas Soccer News. (www.dallassoccernews.com) and DC Soccer News (www.dcsoccernews.com) which will officially launch later this year, but is conducting voting as an introduction to the site.
Online fan voting will account for 40% of the total toward the award. The remaining 60% of the vote will be cast by the Soccer News Net editorial staff.
The winner of the popular vote will receive the Soccer News Net Supporter's Choice Award. Cast your vote for the Soccer News Net College Boot player of the year:
PHILLY SOCCER NEWS :Chris Harmon, Sr. M/F, Old Dominion
Downingtown, Pa. (Downingtown West HS)
One of the Colonial Athletic Association's top scorers, and a First Team All-CAA selection, Chris Harmon had nine goals and six assists for 24 total points. Harmon scored five of ODU's last seven goals this season. He led ODU and ranked third in the CAA with four game-winning goals. He was named first team All-CAA.