Dec. 10, 2010
ODU ROWING WALK-ON INFORMATION
Learn about trying out for ODU's newest Women's Varsity Sport - ROWING!
NO ROWING EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY
Did you know that almost 50% of most D1 Women's Rowing team athletes NEVER rowed before college?
WHO: ANY full-time undergraduate woman.
Height preferences: 5'8" or taller for rowers 5'4" or shorter for *coxswains.
Fill out our Walk-on Profile by clicking here.
WHEN/WHERE: Tuesday, 1/18/2010 at 6:30pm in Old Dominion University Boathouse **
Please attend the call-out most convenient for you:
Wednesday, 1/19/2010 at 6:30pm in Old Dominion University Boathouse **
** There will be a bus pick-up at the corner of Elkhorn and 49th at 6:00pm to take interested individuals to the Boathouse.
ALREADY SURE YOU WANT TO TRY OUT?
1) Use the Physical Exam Form and get a PHYSICAL AND Sickle Cell Solubility Test Result done by your home MD**
2) Print and fill out the Emergency Contact/Insurance Form
3) Give your parent/guardian a copy of the Insurance Coverage Letter
4) Bring all completed forms with you to one of the meetings above
** PHYSICAL: Can be done at Student Health Center for a fee.
NOTE: YOU MAY ATTEND THE CALL-OUT MEETING BUT MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN TRYOUT ACTIVITIES WITHOUT ABOVE FORMS COMPLETED.
* COXSWAIN CANDIDATES: Please see the "Coxing in a Nutshell" attachment here to learn more about coxing.
Please contact Assistant Coach Lisa Milne at email@example.com or 757-510-2774
IMPORTANT FORMS:First-year student-athlete medical history form
Returning student-athlete medical history form
Try-out/Walk-on Annual Physical Exam Form
Student-Athlete Emergency Contact & Insurance Information form
Insurance Overview Information Letter