Old Dominion University Hall of Fame Members
In the Spring of 1980, the Old Dominion University Sports Hall of Fame was established with the induction of five charter members. 163 former student athletes, coaches and administrators have now had the honor of being enshrined into the hall. These include 46 first team All-Americans, 14 olympians, 11 members of the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame, a member in the CoSIDA Academic All-American Hall of Fame, and two members in the Naismith basketball and Women's Basektball Hall of Fame. Old Dominion accepts nominations each winter for candidates and welcomes fan and alumni response.
OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY SPORTS HALL OF FAME
The Old Dominion University Sports Hall of Fame was established to honor outstanding achievements by former student athletes and extraordinary contributions by coaches and athletic administrators. The Hall exists for the purpose of honoring those individuals and recognizing the importance of their achievements and contributions to the overall enhancement of the reputation of Old Dominion University.
GUIDELINES FOR SELECTION
1. Athletes will become eligible for consideration eight years after they have completed eligibility, provided they have graduated or left the university in good standing pursuant to ODU and NCAA academic eligibility requirements.
2. The ODU Sports Information Office is responsible for compiling the candidate eligibility lists and athletic and academic achievements.
3. Once a candidate becomes eligible for consideration, he/she will be on an Active list for 10 years. After a 10-year period, the candidate, if passed by a majority vote will be placed on an "Old Timers" list for further consideration.
4. Coaches and administrators, once they retire or left their service from Old Dominion University and if passed by a 2/3 majority, will be placed on the active candidate list. After a 10-year period, the candidate, if passed by a majority vote will be placed on an "Old Timers" list for further consideration.
5. Nominations are accepted from the public provided the candidates meet the above criteria. Nominations need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Feb. 1 of each year.
A. All committee members must be present at meeting to vote.